Lissa is a passionate and thoughtful advocate for her clients. Her experience representing thousands of individuals in a diverse array of legal matters gives Lissa unique perspective and enables her to think outside the box. Her skills as a problem-solver and litigator allow her to get the best results possible for her clients.
Lissa loves her work as an attorney. She has practiced law in Oregon for 18 years, working with clients whose legal problems often seem beyond their control. Lissa strives to empower clients so that they can understand their options and move forward. She is compassionate, but tough. Her advocacy is client-focused and comprehensive.
Lissa hails from the East Coast but has been in the Northwest since 1991. She is the mother of two boys and enjoys taking advantage of all this wonderful city and region has to offer.
- Juris Doctorate: University of Washington School of Law 1996 (with high honors)
- BA Political Science: Rutgers University 1985
- Principal, Lissa Kaufman Law: December 2014-present
- Director, Portland State University Student Legal Services: August 2006- December 2014
- Staff Attorney, Metropolitan Public Defender: February 1998-August 2006
- Staff Attorney, Oregon Legal Services: July 1996- February 1998
- Oregon State Bar
- Washington State Bar (currently inactive)
- Multnomah Bar Association
- Oregon Women Lawyers
- Oregon State Bar Family Law Section
- Oregon State Bar Criminal Law Section
- Oregon State Bar Juvenile Law Section