Kepa is the proud son of a Basque immigrant and a middle-school science teacher. He grew up in Elko, Nevada, a small, blue-collar ranching town, where he learned the value of hard work while washing dishes at his family’s restaurant. Kepa fell in love with the Pacific Northwest while attending Gonzaga University (Go Zags!) in Spokane, Washington.
Kepa first became interested in family law while working as a high school teacher through the Teach for America program. In that role, he saw first-hand how children were affected by parental discord. Thereafter, he was prompted to pursue a law degree. Following his graduation from the University of Washington School of Law, Kepa spent two years clerking for the Honorable Alvin R. Kacin in his hometown. As a judicial clerk Kepa assisted with hundreds of family law cases, as well as the other diverse legal issues presented in a two-judge rural county.
As an attorney with Lissa Kaufman Law, Kepa’s goals are to educate his clients about the law and how it applies to their cases, and to collaborate with them as they work to achieve their goals.
Kepa is a fledgling homebrewer and an avid soccer and basketball player. He enjoys snowboarding, cheering on the Timbers and his beloved Gonzaga Bulldogs, and exploring all that this region has to offer with his wife and their two dogs.
- UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON SCHOOL OF LAW, J.D. – Public Service Concentration 2014
- GONZAGA UNIVERSITY, B.A. cum laude – Political Science, Criminal Justice, & Business 2009
- Associate Attorney, LISSA KAUFMAN LAW LLC., September 2017 – Present
- Judicial Clerk, FOURTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT COURT, Elko,NV, 2015 – 2017
- Public Service Fellow, OREGON LAW CENTER, 2014-2015
- Education Division Law Clerk, WASHINGTON ATTORNEY GENERAL’S OFFICE, Seattle, Washington, 2013
- Oregon State Bar
- Oregon State Bar Family Law Section
- Multnomah Bar Association
- Oregon Hispanic Bar Association