Cruz is a diligent problem-solver who works hard to ensure his clients are represented to the fullest. He is committed to helping clients realize their goals and protect their rights, all while efficiently navigating the legal system. Cruz strives to deliver quality communication, foresight, patience, and empathy to each and every client.
Cruz offers valuable perspective and a broad range of experience to help clients protect their rights, their loved ones, and their assets. Cruz previously worked for an AV rated multi-state law firm representing the financial services industry in mortgage banking law and foreclosures. Clients benefit from his experience effectively dealing with large institutional creditors and resolving the kind of complex property disputes that frequently intersect with family law cases. During law school Cruz served as a judicial intern for Judge Ortega at the Oregon Court of Appeals, volunteered in pro-bono and low-income debtor bankruptcy assistance, clerked for a leading civil rights and employment law firm, and worked as an associate editor for the Animal Law Review.
Cruz has deep roots in the Northwest that date back to his paternal grandparents, who moved here during World War II. Cruz was born in the Federated States of Micronesia on the island of Pohnpei, and his childhood was split between the Pacific Islands and the Pacific Northwest. After attending college in New York City, he managed hotels and helped friends launch a small non-profit theater company before returning to the Northwest to begin law school. When he is not practicing law, Cruz enjoys hiking the Pacific Crest Trail and standing in line for brunch.
• Juris Doctorate: Lewis and Clark Law School 2016
• Bachelor of Arts: Eugene Lang College at The New School 2006
• Associate Attorney, Lissa Kaufman Law LLC: February 2019 - present
• Associate Attorney, McCarthy Holthus LLP: December 2016 – February 2019
• Oregon State Bar
• Multnomah Bar Association
• Oregon State Bar Family Law Section
• Oregon Trial Lawyers Association
• Oregon Asian Pacific American Bar Association
• Oregon Hispanic Bar Association